Friday, November 6, 2009

Business Person Not KKK

Business person who wants to not be compared to the KKK......

NOTE: THIS AUTHOR WANTED HIS NAME TO REMAIN ON HIS EMAILS:

"Dear Ms. Mayor,

I am the manager of Imperial Floors and the Head of Security for the Eugene First Church of the Nazarene. I just wanted to send you a quick note that I support the efforts of the Eugene Advocates for a Clean City. I do not want be one of the nameless people you offensively compared to the Klu Klux Klan. I am not a heartless person and have been evolved with and contributed to the Eugene Mission for over twenty years.

Even though our business and church are not located in the center of downtown we share many of the same problems as the downtown businesses. Yesterday I spent twenty minutes at our business putting out a fire in our landscape mulch within a few feet of our building started by a transient trying to cook with an open fire. Today our church office manager called me to roust campers in our bushes. Usually our custodian deals with these folks and what they leave behind almost daily. But today I got the call in his absence. We need to see a change in the our city's tolerance to this behavior. I would encourage you, the city council, and city government to act swiftly for a permanent solution. Thank you.

Respectively,

Dennis Rowlison"
_________________________________

"Mr. Rowlison,

I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you read my comments, you would know that I was simply speaking of the need for transparency and that an extreme example of what harm can occur when such transparency does not exist was the KKK. I certainly never stated nor would even consider stating that anyone in our community is equated with the KKK.

I am well aware of the public safety issues and share the concerns, and have consistently taken action to try to address them. I assure you that if we could put our fingers on a permanent solution today, we would implement it.

Best regards,

Kitty " (the Mayor)